Coreless DC Motor
Motion Control Products have introduced a new range of both Precision and Standard DC coreless motors have been introduced that have some distinct advantages over orthodox DC motors. These include longer life expectancy, light weight, high acceleration, less vibration, less noise and can operate at very low speeds. Also, DC coreless versions are much more efficient, as there are no iron losses.
The coil is formed as a thin hollow cylinder, rather than the coils being wound around a stack of laminations. The stator with its permanent magnets supplies the magnetic field flux and fits in the hollow centre of the winding. These features provide a much lighter weight motor in comparison to a conventional iron core DC motor. Also, coreless DC motor versions are much more efficient, as there are no iron losses. In addition, Coreless rotor technology means a smooth running, cog-free operation, with the low inertia rotor providing high dynamic, fast acceleration compared to iron core DC motors.
Motion Control Products offer these coreless DC motors from 4mm diameter up to 40mm in the standard, motor only format. The precision range is available from 6mm diameter to 32mm diameter. However, they can also be supplied with motor/gearbox combinations and with optional encoders.
Applications that benefit from the advantages of coreless DC motors include:
- Dialysis Peristaltic and Gear Pumps
- Ticket Printers/Dispensers
Coreless DC motor is a permanent magnet DC servo motor, compared to common motor, the difference is the use of coreless rotor/stator. Coreless motor has following advantages:
- The maximum energy conversion efficiency (an index of energy saving characteristics) : its efficiency in general is more than 70%,some products can reach above 90%(the common core motor at 15-50%);
- Activation, brake fast, fast response: mechanical time constant less than 28ms, part of the product can reach 10ms, the recommended operating region of the state of high speed run, the flexible speed regulation;
- Reliable operation stability: adaptive ability is strong, speed fluctuation can be controlled within 2%
- Low electro-magnetic interference: using high-quality brush, commutator structure, small commutation spark, can be removed from the additional interference resistant device;
- High energy density: with the same power compared with iron core motor, weight, volume reduce by 13-1/2; speedvoltage, speed-torque, speed-current corresponding are presented the standard linear relationship.
- Non iron core, the unique design of high precision oil, thin air gap
- High performance rare earth magnet, high power density
- High torque, high efficiency
- Excellent volume power ratio, light weight
- Low vibration, high acceleration performance
- Smooth running, quick response
- Low starting torque, wide speed regulating range
- Good heat dissipation effect, low heat, small temperature rise