SMART LEVEL PROBES - SGE-25.SMART
- Programmable zero shift, range and damping ratio
- 4...20 mA output signal + HART protocol
- Integrated internal overvoltage protection circuit
- Special version with Titanium wetted parts ( SGE-25S.Smart)
The SGE-25.Smart level probe is applicable to measure liquid levels in tanks, deep wells or piezometers.
Principles of operation, construction
The probe measures liquid levels, basing on a simple relationship between the height of the liquid column and the resulting hydrostatic pressure. The pressure measurement is carried out on the level of the separating diaphragm of the immersed probe and is related to atmospheric pressure through a capillary in the cable.
The active sensing element is a piezoresistant silicon sensor separated from the medium by an isolating diaphragm. The electronic amplifier, which works in combination with the sensor, is additionally equipped with an overvoltage protection circuit, which protects the probe from damage caused by induced interference from atmospheric discharges or from associated heavy current engineering appliances.
The following metrological parameters can be configured:
- start and end-points of set range;
- inverted characteristic (output signal 20 ÷ 4 mA).
It is possible to calibrate the probe in relation to a model pressure.
The communication standard for data interchange with the probe is the Hart protocol.
Communication with the probe is carried out with:
- a KAP-03 communicator,
- some other Hart type communicators,
- a PC using an HART/USB converter and RAPORT 2 configuration software.
The data interchange with the probe also enables the users to:
- read the currently measured hydrostatic pressure value, output current and percentage of measuring range.