Npaq Drive Rack
- 19 inch rack-mount design
- Flexible design provides the ability to drive brush, brushless, or stepper motors with the same amplifier
- 5 A to 30 A peak output current
- IEEE-1394 FireWire interface
- Digital current, velocity, and position loops for improved motion stability
- Optional Ethernet for I/O expansion
- Integrated encoder multiplier for higher throughput and reduced wiring
- NRTL safety certification and CE approval; follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The Npaq® is a high-performance, 6-axis drive rack with field replaceable front-mounted drives. All versions are 3U in size, rack-mountable, and compatible with the Automation 3200 motion platform.
Featuring high-performance double-precision DSPs, the Npaq family performs both current loop and servo-loop closures digitally to assure the highest level of positioning accuracy and rate stability. It is this processing capability that allows the Npaq to provide loop closure rates up to 20 kHz and to handle both digital and analog I/O processing, data collection, laser firing, and encoder multiplication tasks in real time.
Standard options for the Npaq family include integrated encoder multiplication, per-axis brake control logic, I/O expansion, and integrated emergency stop circuitry.
The Npaq uses plug-in amplifiers supporting both linear and PWM topologies to control brushless, DC brush, or stepper motor types at up to 320 VDC operating voltage and 30 A peak current capability. The Npaq contains two configurable power supply sections to support a variety of motors with different operating voltages. When only one motor voltage is required, the power supply sections are joined together for even higher power capability. The Npaq has a dedicated Ethernet port used to communicate with third-party I/O modules for increased I/O count applications.
The Npaq supports up to three axes of Position Synchronized Output (PSO) for precise synchronizing of external devices, over-voltage shunt controller, and external fans for high-power operation.