BLMUC Series Linear Motor
- Ultra-compact size for tight space constraints; 52.0 mm x 20.8 mm cross section
- Continuous force to 58.0 N (13.0 lb); peak force to 231.8 N (52.1 lb)
- Non-magnetic forcer provides high force with zero cogging for super-smooth velocity and position control
- Ideal for pick-and-place machines where Z-axis space is limited
- Follows the 2011/65/EU RoHS 2 Directive
The BLMUC linear motor is an ultra-compact “U-channel” motor measuring only 52.0 mm x 20.8 mm in cross section, designed to provide high force in an ultra-compact package. The BLMUC is ideally suited for small load applications with tight space constraints such as a pick head on a pick-and-place machine, and low-mass, high-acceleration material handling machines.
The motor consists of a noncontact forcer assembly with Hall-effect devices, thermal sensor, and “U-channel” magnet track. This design eliminates backlash, windup, wear and maintenance issues associated with ball screws, belts, and rack and pinions.
The forcer assembly is a compact, reinforced ceramic epoxy structure. The ironless design eliminates cogging and eddy-current losses that otherwise would limit speed and produce additional heat. To produce the highest rms force, air cooling is standard.
These linear motors are ideal for any application that requires high levels of positioning resolution and accuracy. BLMUC series linear motors are forgiving to align, easy to assemble, and keep the magnetic field well-contained. Magnet tracks are stackable for any travel length. They are also suited for cleanroom use as they produce no particulates.
The BLMUC can be driven using standard Aerotech brushless amplifiers and controllers to provide a complete integrated system.