AboutSCX Special Projects Ltd
SCX Special Projects is a world-renowned bespoke engineering firm, specialising in mechanical handling solutions and electrical control systems.
Amongst our people, we are proud to have design engineers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, project managers, safety engineers, installation managers and more.
SCX Special Projects has received widespread global acclaim for its iconic engineering achievements.
Our people know how to engineer reliable, robust, solutions that are full of innovation and creative thinking. Imagine how it feels to play your part, using your engineering talent to solve some of the most challenging mechanical handling problems:
- the retractable concertina roofs at Wimbledon over Centre Court and No.1 Court
- the world-first dividing retractable pitch at Tottenham Hotspur's new London stadium
- sea-going cranes for the Royal Navy's new Queen Elizabeth-class carriers
- the semi-automated overhead cranes for nuclear power station decommissioning
- the installation rigs for the platform screen doors on London's new Crossrail network
- the retractable turf crossing at the world-famous Ascot racecourse
What makes SCX Special Projects, special?
Our capability is unmatched in the industry, from concept, through design and manufacture, assembly and testing, final commissioning and ongoing maintenance.
We serve the entire bespoke engineering solution lifecycle:
- initial feasibility studies
- concept, preliminary and detailed designs
- mechanical, electrical, controls and safety engineering
- manufacture and build
- testing and commissioning
- client operator and maintenance training
- ongoing maintenance and repairs, including 24/7 callout services
Our bespoke turnkey solutions are used in demanding, safety-critical sectors including:
- nuclear & defence
- energy & utilities
- stadia & entertainment
- kinetic architecture
- manufacturing & construction
Our engineers and installation teams are experts in high-integrity mechanical handling and lifting solutions:
- nuclear functional safety
- TUV-accredited engineers
- systems programming and integration
- failsafe systems including redundancy, backup and layered protection