K Controls designs and manufactures products that provide precise, safe and reliable networking, monitoring or control of actuated valves used in the process industries. Many applications are in hazardous or hostile environments. The company operates quality systems that meet the requirements of ISO9001, the ATEX Directive and the IECEx scheme. All our products conform to standards that will ensure compliance during your plant safety audits.
- Switchboxes with corrosion resistant enclosures
- ATEX and IECEx certified products for use with hazardous gasses and combustible dusts
- Switchboxes with high (+300 deg C) temperature capability for fire or smoke dampers.
- Switchboxes with low (-50 deg C) temperature capability for Arctic service.
- Switchboxes IP68 for submersion
- Versions with integral solenoid for parallel wiring or connection via remote I/O systems
- Integrated fieldbus compatible versions for AS-interface® and DeviceNet™
- Fieldbus compatible versions for PROFIBUS® PA or FOUNDATION™ FIELDBUS via valve couplers
- Position transmitters for 4-20mA, HART®, PROFIBUS® PA or FOUNDATION™ FIELDBUS
- Linear or rotary solutions
We can also supply your positioner requirements.
Specialised advice, design excellence and an ability to exactly customise products to match your requirements all help minimise the time and money spent on product sourcing, specification, installation, commissioning and maintenance.
K Controls has also developed two valves for specialised applications:
The K44 "Checktite" three piece swing check valve has been designed to complement three piece ball valves and is used on chemical, petrochemical and pharmaceutical process lines as well as gas, oil and water applications. It is used wherever unwanted flow reversal has to be prevented.
Available in 316 stainless steel or carbon steel with stainless internals, in sizes from 0.25'' (8mm) to 2'' (50 mm); the K44 "Checktite" employs a three piece body and end design, secured by four bolts (as widely used with ball valves).
This design facilitates quick and simple installation and enables the valve body to be swung away from the line for easy inspection, cleaning or maintenance. Both the cracking pressure and pressure drop of the K44 are significantly lower than those of most other check valves.
K Controls has also developed a Z Series stainless steel butterfly valve for high temperature automotive exhaust gas applications The Z Series valve is frequently used to regulate the back pressure of exhaust gases during engine testing
The valves do not give a tight shut off but they can regulate the flow of exhaust gas streams at temperatures as high as 750 degrees C. The maximum differential pressure at this temperature is 3.5 bar g.
The wafer pattern valves are manufactured in sizes 2'' to 16''.
They can be supplied to fit between different flange types e.g. ANSI 150, PN16.
The valves can be manually operated (screw lockable in any position) or pneumatically or electrically actuated with positioners.
Diverting versions consisting of linked valves in fabricated “Y” pieces can also be supplied.