Danish industry has used IWAKI’s pumps since 1974 when A. Feddersen A/S acquired the sole agency for IWAKI in Denmark. The co-operation between A. Feddersen Pumper A/S and IWAKI led to, in 1992, the establishment of the joint venture company IWAKI Pumper A/S.
IWAKI’s main office and warehouse is headquatered in Hillerød, Denmark. The office in Hillerød coordinates the co-operation between the Scandinavian and the Baltic regions.
The Japanese engineer Yoshiaki Fujinaka founded IWAKI in 1956 in Tokyo. The Danish history of IWAKI begins in the 1970s. Back then, in 1974, the Danish engineer, Hanns Feddersen acquired the sales agency and sole distribution of IWAKI Pumps and founded the pump company, “Feddersen Pumper” (Feddersen Pumps”). In 1992, Hanns’ son, Jan E. Feddersen entered into a joint-venture agreement with the Japanese parent company and established the company “IWAKI Pumper A/S”.