SOLARIS Large capacity OD Grinder
SOLARISLarge capacity OD Grinder
The Weldon Solaris CNC cylindrical grinder is designed to satisfy processing of large, heavy work parts. Rotary and linear axes are sealed from airborne contaminates providing unmatched longevity in carbide and ceramic grinding applications.
Available with either a straight or angular wheel head (factory set) the Solaris can grind outside diameters, shoulders, and faces in a single set-up. The CNC control can address complex form grinding (tapers, radii, etc.) via form dressed wheels or profiling. Properly equipped, a Solaris is ideally suited for high speed “Peel” grinding with CBN abrasives. Additionally, a programmable “C” axis package can be provided to accommodate non-round grinding applications.
A sub-spindle option is also available to present a second OD wheel or an internal grinding wheel for sequential grinding of various part features.
- FANUC model 32i B CNC control with color LCD, and servo drives featuring FANUC AC digital technology. Includes a battery backup absolute feedback system eliminating the need to reference at each start-up.
- Shear Damper design machine base providing stiffness, vibration control, and thermal stability through the use of steel shear tubes covered with a viscous material and encapsulated with a special replicating resin.
- Cross-roller linear way system with recirculating bearings and precision ground rails. Includes integral way bearing seals and an external wiper system.
- Compound linear slide design to keep floor space requirements to a minimum. Z axis linear motor, FANUC.
- X axis precision ballscrew assembly or FANUC linear motor, determined by application.
- Heavy-duty live spindle workhead with 6″ A2 spindle nose and #5 MT center. Features a 4.7″ spindle diameter and a quad set of angular contact bearings.
- Automatic Trabon lubrication system, monitored by the control, with lube fault protection.
- Heavy-duty tailstock, hydraulically operated, with #5 MT center. Includes manual taper adjustment with eccentric quill design.
- Variable speed wheel drive, CNC controlled with dynamic braking. Normally arranged for constant surface speed as the grinding wheel wears.
- Stainless steel telescoping way covers.
- Full enclosure with manually operated dual sliding door assembly and both side and rear maintenance access panels.
- 22″ swing capacity for faceplates and fixturing to accommodate larger workparts.
- In-process gage for automatic size control.
- Automatic lateral locator, wheelhead mounted, featuring a Renishaw probe.
- Acoustic emissions sensor for gap elimination, crash detection, and touch dressing.
- Programmable workhead with Heidenhain rotary scale, 475 RPM max. For non-round applications.
- Sub-spindle fixture (swing-down) hydraulically operated, to accommodate a variety of secondary spindles (OD or ID).
- Electric rotary dressing systems for super abrasive dressing or extended diamond life when processing with standard abrasives.
- Work holding solutions can be addressed with a variety of systems such as manual and powered jaw chucks, collet chucks, magnetic faceplates, vacuum chucks, expanding arbors, pitch-line chucks, and custom fixtures.
- Automation involving gantry systems, FANUC 6 axis robots, or custom alternatives can be factory integrated on a turnkey basis.
- Coolant supply and filtration systems are available to suit any application; magnetic, fabric, cyclonic, pressure, and combination filtration units can be provided.