Stripwound Metal Hose
Stripwound Metal Hose
Stripwound Metal Hose, is a flexible metal hose that is ideal for the transfer of abrasive materials. Although it is not gas tight, like corrugated hose, it is durable, and an excellent choice for use as a guard, an open-ended exhaust hose, and for the transfer of dry bulk materials. It is also used in some water & wastewater treatment applications. One of the main benefits of stripwound hose is its ability to not contaminate the transferred product with any residue.
Our McGill Team of hose and fittings experts welcomes any questions about products or fabrication capabilities.
BENEFITS OF STRIPWOUND METAL HOSE:
- Withstands extreme temperatures
- Chemical compatibility-either internally or externally
- Abrasion and over-bending concerns
- Potential for catastrophic failure- If a sudden hose failure would be catastrophic to your operation, a metal hose may minimize the damage by leaking product at a slower rate.
- Fire safety: Other hose types can melt when exposed to fire or high temperatures. Metal hose, however, maintains its integrity to 1200 ̊ F and beyond.
- Full vacuum applications: Metal hose maintains its shape even under full vacuum – a condition where other hose types may collapse.
- Fitting configuration flexibility: Virtually any type of fitting can be attached to metal hose, without the special shanks and collars needed with other types of hose.
COMMON APPLICATIONS FOR STRIPWOUND METAL HOSE:
- Pneumatic plastic pellet transfer systems
- Portable grain vacuum systems
- Biomass transfer systems
- Aggregate transfer in asphalt plants
- Powdered cement transfer
- Powdered gypsum transfer
- Chemical powder transfer
- Catalyst transfer
- Material loading and unloading
- Hot air blower hoses
- Rail car loading and unloading
- Dry bulk transloading facilities
- Barge loading and unloading
- Grain transfer
- Pigment transfer
- Carbon black transfer
- Fly ash conveying
- Lime injection systems
- Dust collection
- Wood chip conveying
- Sawdust conveying
- Water & Wastewater Treatment applications
CUSTOM STRIPWOUND METAL HOSE ASSEMBLIES
Quick Turn Around- Expert Product Support- In House Fabrication Custom Metal Hose Assemblies are our specialty. We complement our metal hose fabrication with an in-house machine shop for special fittings and our tube bending facility for special shapes for hard to reach connections. We can quickly and accurately work from concept, to design, to final ready to use assembly. Within McGill Hose in-house fabrication facilities, our ASME IX B31.1 welders have the ability to custom produce assemblies that can replace OEM parts that are no longer available, provide a better alternative to inefficient setups, or even help with one off needs and build to spec.
S.T.A.M.P.E.D: TO SELECT THE RIGHT HOSE FOR YOUR CUSTOM HOSE ASSEMBLY
Although many metal hoses look the same, there are many critical questions to ask and factors/characteristics to consider in order to design the best custom hose solution for your specific application. To properly design a metal hose assembly for a particular application, the following factors should be considered:
- Size – I.D. O.D. and length
- Temperature – Internal and external temperatures to the assembly is exposed to.
- Application – Current hose used or discuss equipment and applications hose is intended for.
- Material – Identify all materials/chemicals to which each component of the assembly will be exposed to, both internally and externally. Pressure – Identify the working and vacuum pressure.
- End Fittings – Identify the necessary fittings and custom ends.
- Delivery – Lead Time, Quantity, Special Marking or Packaging Requirements.