Aged 20 years, Otto Eckerle already founded his first company in 1935 based in Malsch. In the starting years, the company was engaged in the design and construction of operating equipment and special machines for metal processing. This was soon followed by patents in the field of motor vehicle carburettor technology and for devices to run motor vehicles using wood gas, petrol and light diesel oil. The development of the company turned out to be positive by February 1945 when its manufacturing plant – only built in 1942 – was destroyed by bombs. Operations were then resumed in temporary facilities first, while simultaneously managing the reconstruction of the destroyed manufacturing plant. historic document Draft of internal combustion engine In the following years, the innovative phase, marked by fundamental developments and patent applications, set in, especially for the fully compensated external gear pump as well as, later on at the beginning of the 1960s, for the entirely new type of radial and axial compensated internal gear pump. These revolutionary developments for industrial and mobile hydraulics not only made Otto Eckerle known worldwide, but they earned him licence agreements with well-known companies in Europe and Asia.