SMIC Reports 2018 Annaul Results
29 March 2019
SHANGHAI, March 29, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981) ("SMIC", the "Company" or "our"), one of the leading semiconductor foundries in the world announced its consolidated results of operations for the year ended December 31, 2018.
- Revenue was US$3,360.0 million in 2018, an increase of 8.3% from US$3,101.2 million in 2017. Excluding the recognition of technology licensing revenue, revenue increased by 3.1% from US$3,101.2 million in 2017 to US$3,196.2 million in 2018.
- Gross profit was US$746.7 million in 2018, compared to US$740.7 million in 2017. Gross margin was 22.2% in 2018, compared to 23.9% in 2017. Excluding the recognition of technology licensing revenue, gross margin was 18.2% in 2018, compared to 23.9% in 2017.
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortization was a record high of US$1,164.4 million in 2018, compared to US$1,117.7 million in 2017, representing an increase of 4.2%.
- Revenue from China-region customers grew to 57.0% of total revenue excluding technology licensing in 2018, compared to 47.3% in 2017, representing a revenue growth of 24.3%.
- The net debt to equity ratio remained low at –4.5% as of December 31, 2018.
The complete results announcement can be found at
Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC"; NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981), one of the leading foundries in the world, is Mainland China's largest foundry in scale, broadest in technology coverage, and most comprehensive in semiconductor manufacturing services. SMIC provides integrated circuit (IC) foundry and technology services on process nodes from 0.35 micron to 28 nanometer. Headquartered in Shanghai, China, SMIC has an international manufacturing and service base. In China, SMIC has a 300mm wafer fabrication facility (fab) and a 200mm fab in Shanghai; a 300mm fab and a majority-owned 300mm fab for advanced nodes in Beijing; 200mm fabs in Tianjin and Shenzhen; and a majority-owned joint-venture 300mm bumping facility in Jiangyin; additionally, in Italy SMIC has a majority-owned 200mm fab. SMIC also has marketing and customer service offices in the U.S., Europe, Japan, and Taiwan, and a representative office in Hong Kong.
For more information, please visit www.smics.com.
Safe Harbor Statements
This press release may contain, in addition to historical information, "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the "safe harbor" provisions of the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and Section 27A of the U.S. Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the U.S. Securities Exchange Act of 1934. These forward-looking statements are based on SMIC's current assumptions, expectations and projections about future events. SMIC uses words like "believe", "anticipate", "intend", "estimate", "expect", "project" and similar expressions to identify forward looking statements, although not all forward-looking statements contain these words. These forward-looking statements are necessarily estimates reflecting judgment of SMIC's senior management and involve significant risks, both known and unknown, uncertainties and other factors that may cause SMIC's actual performance, financial condition or results of operations to be materially different from those suggested by the forward-looking statements including, among others, risks associated with cyclicality and market conditions in the semiconductor industry, intense competition, timely wafer acceptance by SMIC's customers, bad debt risk, timely introduction of new technologies, SMIC's ability to ramp new products into volume, supply and demand for semiconductor foundry services, industry overcapacity, shortages in equipment, components and raw materials, availability of manufacturing capacity and financial stability in end markets.
Except as required by law, SMIC undertakes no obligation and does not intend to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/smic-reports-2018-annaul-results-300820941.html
SOURCE Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation