CB-NX Collet Chuck- Dead Length Design
The CB-NX series collet chuck is a low profile dead length design with a reduced diameter nose for maximum tool clearance. In this design the collet is coupled to the chuck body and remains stationary as the tapered seat moves forward when the chuck is actuated. This design keeps the collet in a fixed Z axis position during clamping and does not create a pull back effect on the bar stock or workpiece.
• Dead Length design produces no pull back on the workpiece
• Reduced diameter nose and short overall length provides increased tool clearance and maximum utilization of the machine's Z axis
• Radial adjusting screws to true-up the chuck
• Lubricated-for-life design requires minimal maintenance
• All components hardened and precision ground for highest accuracy and long life
• Stop plates and stop housings can be mounted inside the chuck body for chucking applications requiring end stops or part ejectors