Schneider Electric Announces Rebranding and Simplification of Power Quality Improvement Solutions Portfolio
8 November 2018
Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, today announced its ReactiVar™ range of low voltage capacitor banks will be renamed to VarSet™ and simplified to make it easier and faster for customers to select, specify and implement power quality improvement products.
VarSet low voltage capacitor banks are also moving from a custom, Engineered-To-Order (ETO) solution to a fully Configured-To-Order (CTO) solution with standard part numbers, pricing and enhanced lead times.
With VarSet low voltage capacitor banks and Schneider Electric's new CTO solution, power quality improvement becomes easier than ever for customers, providing significant benefits, including:
- Boost their bottom line: Capital expenses can be reduced by up to 30 percent, and reactive energy billing penalties and operating expenses can be lowered by up to 10 percent.
- Improve efficiency: Energy losses can be reduced by up to 30 percent. Customers can optimize power consumption, reduce total process energy consumption and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Increase productivity: Power system and equipment reliability can be improved by up to 18 percent.
"In working with our customers, we identified the need for shorter lead times and products that are easier to specify and order," says Shoumi Sen, offer manager, Power Solutions, Schneider Electric. "This brand consolidation allows us to present a standard and simplified capacitor bank solution to our customers. With the new CTO offer, we make power quality improvement an easy solution for people to specify, order, implement and begin realizing valuable benefits."
Choosing Reliability, Safety, Lower Costs and Greater Efficiency
According to the Department of National Utilities Refund, 50 percent of mission critical power outages are attributable to power quality issues, including sags/swells, transients, flicker or harmonics. In addition, 79 percent of companies suffer overcharges on utility bills as a result of power quality issues.
Hidden power quality problems can contribute to a host of issues, including plant downtime. According to the European Copper Institute, up to 40 percent of industry segment outages are caused by power quality disturbances.
Adding a low-voltage capacitor bank such as VarSet from Schneider Electric can provide up to 30 percent better energy efficiency and lower electrical costs. VarSet capacitor banks can raise power factors to a level that avoids penalties. The Schneider Electric AccuSine+™ Active Filters also deliver power correction in addition to harmonic filtering, maximizing system utilization and planning while reducing the harmful effects of harmonics in electrical systems.
Power Quality Products for Any Application
All manufactured in the U.S., Schneider Electric's power quality improvement products offer Modbus communication protocol for integration with building management and energy monitoring systems.
- VarSet Standard (up to 300 kVAR at 480V) are wall mounted automatic capacitor banks that save valuable space, help reduce utility bills and maximize power conditioning.
- VarSet Detuned automatic capacitor banks (up to 800 kVAR at 480V) provide power factor correction in electrical distribution networks where moderate harmonic content exists.
- VarSet Fast capacitor banks (up to 1200 kVAR at 480V) have electronic switching elements and are suitable for applications with dynamic load variation or for electronic loads sensitive to transient over voltages.
- VarSet Hybrid provides real-time power factor correction, voltage support and harmonic suppression in networks with highly cyclical loads.
- AccuSine PCS+/PFV+ provide a simple and effective way to mitigate harmonics and reduce process related voltage fluctuations. AccuSine PFV+ can eliminate leading or lagging power factor, reduce voltage fluctuations, enhance equipment operating life and improve system power capacity. AccuSine PCS+ is a flexible, high performance, cost-effective solution to stabilize electrical networks by providing harmonic mitigation, power factor correction, and load balancing.
The Power Quality Improvement portfolio of products are a part of the EcoStruxure™ Power platform, Schneider Electric's open, interoperable, IoT-enabled system architecture delivering enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability and connectivity for our customers. EcoStruxure leverages technologies in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics, and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at Every Level including Connected Products, Edge Control, and Apps, Analytics & Services.
For more information on our power quality improvement solutions, visit www.schneider-electric.us/powerquality.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.