Yaskawa releases Z1000U HVAC Matrix Drive that provides harmonic mitigation, power factor control, and energy savings in a single package.
The HVAC Matrix drive (Z1000U) provides extremely low harmonic distortion in a space-saving design, along with the same HVAC-specific features as the standard Z1000. This single component solution achieves excellent low distortion levels all by itself, completely without the need for additional countermeasures such as passive filters or multi-pulse arrangements.
Matrix technology employs a system of 9 bi-directional switches that are arranged in a matrix to convert a three-phase AC input voltage directly into a three phase AC output voltage. It eliminates the need for a rectifying circuit and a DC bus that are used in traditional AC drive inverters. Matrix technology reduces total harmonic distortion levels to less than the IEEE compliance standard of 5%, without the need for reactors and filters. The result is a smoother current waveform that reduces stress on the system power supply and infrastructure. Additionally, reduced distortion improves displacement power factor to 0.98 through the entire load and speed range, reducing energy costs.
- • Integrated input fusing to provide 100kA SCCR
- • Eco-Mode to achieve near across-the-line THD
- • Integrated C2 EMC filter
- • Embedded BACnet communications (BTL Certified)
- • Multi-language LCD operator with Hand/Off/Auto and Copy function
- • Internal real-time clock for event stamping
- • High carrier frequency (low motor noise) capability
- • 0-400 Hz output frequency
Available NEMA 1 models include ratings of 1 to 100 HP (208V) and 7.5 to 350 HP (480V). Z1000U is offered both as a stand-alone drive, as well as in packaged Bypass and Configured solutions.
Source : http://www.automation.com