KINGSTAR, the creator of a motion control and machine vision software platform, announced the general availability launch of KINGSTAR 2.5.
As a comprehensive, open and standards-based platform, KINGSTAR is intended for engineers to design, develop and integrate motion control and machine vision applications with either KINGSTAR’s soft motion library and software PLC or one of their own choosing. Built on the foundation of EtherCAT and a real-time 64-bit Windows operating system, it provides a complete “plug-and-play” platform for control and automation engineering.
The KINGSTAR 2.5 Soft Motion Platform consists of the following end-to-end components:
- • KINGSTAR Soft Motion provides an integrated environment for consolidated, inexpensive and scalable motion control. Soft Motion runs directly on the PC, uses the NIC card for I/O, and uses the powerful EtherCAT protocol for freedom from proprietary and costly hardware.
- • KINGSTAR EtherCAT exposes the real-time interface that allows engineers to integrate their own motion algorithms or software with an EtherCAT network, providing highly customizable motion control with precision performance.
- • KINGSTAR Soft PLC, powered by ISaGRAF, delivers application management and deployment that enables complete and consolidated control of assembly lines and machinery.
- • KINGSTAR Machine Vision, powered by Matrox, allows engineers to build interactive applications and functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display, and archiving on GigE Vision®, USB3 Vision and other camera devices.
- • IntervalZero RTX64, the foundation of the KINGSTAR platform, replaces FPGAs and DSPs by transforming Windows into a real-time OS (RTOS), reducing development costs and significantly improving the quality of embedded systems.
Source : automation.com