About: Autosys Group - Director
" India is making great progress in the public infrastructure in sectors such as Water, Waste-Water and Smart-Cities. We are seeing robust revenue growth from these sectors because of our unique ability to combine two distinct domains of automation and IT to provide integrated solutions to our customers. "
1. Tell us about the new frontiers of automation in the AutoSys innovation plan?
India is making great progress in the public infrastructure in sectors such as Water, Waste-Water and Smart-Cities. We are seeing robust revenue growth from these sectors because of our unique ability to combine two distinct domains of automation and IT to provide integrated solutions to our customers. From IOT and Instrumentation to Telemetry and Networking, From SCADA to Remote monitoring, From Reporting and MIS to Big Data Analytics, we are implementing total end to end solutions in these sectors.
2. What are the exemplified usages of Automatic Dosing System?
Our patented Recron / Fiber Dosing Systems has become a defacto standard in the building materials and construction industry. Industry leaders and Multi-nationals in Cement and Fiber Boards are using our systems. Defense and public sector authorities have started insisting on automatic fiber dosing systems to Contractors executing Road / Airport / Runway projects, because of the inherent quality and consistency benefits of fiber addition.
3. What is AutoSys approach when working with clients on new projects or in new sectors?
Our multi-disciplinary expertise across domains such as Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics, Instrumentation, PLC, Software, Networking and Information Technology, combined with our project management expertise has allowed us to execute 100s of projects across sectors. So even when we enter a new sector or a new project, the execution is very smooth.
4. Going forth, how will plant automation change the way the automation industry functions?
We see a distinctive shift towards IOTs and Cloud technologies. Another trend is that, instead of just setting up small islands of monitoring and control systems, customers are now asking for integrating multiple locations in to a centralized system that is tightly integrated with their IT and ERP systems.
5. How is AutoSys dealing with the environmental protection regulations while manufacturing products?
We are primarily a system integrator and project contractor. We ensure that all the components that we source for our projects are from reputed manufacturers.
6. What are you most passionate about professionally? What most excites you about your work and the contribution you can make? – Why?
I am very passionate about growing our business. And it is exciting to put all our multi-disciplinary expertise and two decades of our experience, to design optimal solutions for our customers.
7. How is the AutoSys brand evolving to fulfill customer needs?
More than 70% of our business comes from repeat orders from existing customers. The value of orders from these repeat customers keeps going up year after year. This only shows that we have earned the trust of our customers and customers are willing to engage more and more deeply with us.
8. Exercising on research activities may give good outputs. What are those research outputs which have been delivered to Plant Automation industries?
Our Patented Recron / Fiber Dosing System is a good example of our research and experimentation solving a major problem for the industry. Apart from this, we have done many innovations in areas such as Batching, Weighing, Instrumentation and Telemetry. These are not research oriented, but are innovative approaches that address specific challenges.
9. Any new kind of products you have introduced recently or going to introduce?
MIS Software for the Water / Waste-Water sector is a focus area for our company this year. We are also expanding our operations to the Americas, with a dedicated subsidiary company in the US.
10. What are the most important traits to have as a Director at AutoSys?
You need to have a lot of energy and passion. There are opportunities knocking at our doors from all directions. Prioritising them is very critical. My focus is always on the market outside. My other colleagues take care of the operations and execution.