Pneumatic valves help control the pressure, rate, and amount of air as it moves through a pneumatic system. Pneumatic systems, which depend on the force of compressed air to transmit power, are often used for industrial flow control applications.
Uses of Pneumatic valves in various industry
- Manufacturers often use compressed air for factory automation. It is less expensive than installing and maintaining electrical components.
- Pneumatic valves may be used to move items on assembly lines, or in maintenance facilities. They may also be used to move items within the facility, or for repetitive actions in heavy machinery, like drills.
Advantages of Pneumatic valves
- Explosion-proof properties make it a popular choice for use in hazardous areas
- Low initial and running costs make it an affordable option.
- Maintenance is easy and simple.
Disadvantages of Pneumatic Valves
- Low accuracy and loading
- Uneven moving speed