The Silmax history begun in 1819, when Paul Alessio started to produce his tools by using the iron from the valleys of Lanzo Torinese. His new workshop was called “Usine”.
In 1875, approx. 50 years later, Mr. G.B. Savant bought the “Usine” in order to start the production of his tools. In Germany he had acknowledged the techniques to produce helix-drills.
1955 was another “historical” date for the company. Under the guidance of Enrico Maria Fumagalli the “Usine” resumed the production of tools, that was stopped for some years.