The basis of the business was a self priming centrifugal pump developed in-house. In contrast to the side channel pumps already known back then, the EDUR pump worked on the principle of the formation of a liquid-air mixture. It featured a sensationally high level of reliability and robustness for the time. The pumps were used to supply houses and farms, dairies and other commercial operations with water. With these self priming pumps, the young company grew steadily throughout the 1930s and expanded its circle of customers to abroad as well.
All research work had to stopped when World War II broke out. The production of EDUR pumps was sustained against much resistance and under the most adverse circumstances.
EDUR were able to overcome the obstacle of the German currency reform on 19 June 1948 with the support of the Dutch partner Van Wijk & Boerma: The delivery of a railway carriage with about 300 pumps was scheduled so that it could already be paid for in the new Deutschmark currency.
All sections of the company were located in the Hamburger Chaussee in the city of Kiel until the early 1950s. After the acquisition of the Wulfsbrook site in 1953, new production workshops were successively built in 1954.
A crucial event in the history of EDUR was the premature and sudden passing of Eduard Redlien on 13 April 1959. His wife Irma Redlien took over the management of the company. This would not have been possible without the loyal employees.
The hot summer of 1959 started early and would turn out to be a saving grace for the company. The farming industry desperately needed pumps for the irrigation of fields.
During the 1980s the necessity of a reorientation became more and more evident. The company changed its focus, away from series production to a customer-oriented niche supplier. A new generation took over and the new management quickly implemented the required measures.